Friday 16 March 2012

What do you like about yourself?

If you want to find the answers to the Big Questions about your soul, you'd best begin with the Little Answers about your body. ~ George Sheehan

Sarah Ban Breathnach, author of Simple Abundance, sure likes to keep you busy with daily tasks. Reading this book is not just a read, it's a do, feel, find and be. When you look in the mirror, do you like what you see? If not, look again and look at yourself lovingly and appreciate what you see, more than just skin deep. Tonight, you're supposed to set aside an entire hour to celebrate how awesome you are by having a bath with bubbles or oil, candles. As you dry, apply lotion and give yourself a massage. Before going to bed, look in the mirror and appreciate all your good points, inside and out. If you can't find 20 things, then keep doing it every night until you can.

I think I can fit that in, as soon as I am done painting another coat on the bathroom counter, right after a soak in the hot tub. Forget the mirror. I'll think of those things I like about me while soaking. That is one thing I like about bedtime now. 20 minutes a night, a relaxing soak, under the stars, listening to the hum of the tub and the quiet of the night. Farm living is one thing this town girl appreciates.

No comments: