Friday 13 April 2012

The Only Weight-loss Aid You'll Ever Need

Self-love is the only weight-loss aid that really works in the long run ~ Jenny Craig 

Well that explains it. The last statement from my previous post that is. Do I really care more about others more than I do myself? Is that why I don't take time for myself? Or am I just ignoring what I don't like about myself. There are days I am so busy I don't even take the time to eat and that can have detrimental effects on state of mind, job performance and more. Plus, not eating will only lead to more weight gain. Protein being extremely important for growth of hair and nails. The body uses protein to build and repair tissues and is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. So eat more, but move more as well. Below is my favourite Chilli recipe that you can substitute the lean ground beef with ground turkey if you'd like. 





Corinne's Charged Up Chili Brown 1.5 lbs lean ground beef & add to 1 can brown beans (in molasses), 1 can dark red kidney beans (drained), 1 ltr chunky salsa (32 oz), 1 small can sliced jalapeños with juices, 1 can sliced mushrooms (optional) & 2 Tb chilli powder in crock pot & simmer on low for at least 2 hours. Top with grated cheese of choice & serve with corn chips or cracker chips.


No comments: