Wednesday 8 May 2019

Always Be Kind

I am so grateful. I am so blessed. I am so honoured. Especially when I can help someone, because I have been helped so much, and especially when I am able to pay it forward. 

A woman (Bayah) who walked with a cane and had stopped in front of Hill Barber Shop, after my wonderful Monika performed her magic on me yesterday, asked for directions to the Clarion. She was looking for a place nearby. After answering her query, I asked if she would like a ride. She was stunned I would even offer. What if I was psychotic she asked? ... Then I guess your cane goes in my trunk so you can’t whack me over the head with it I answered. Lol

I proceeded to apologize for the state of my car and hoped she wasn’t allergic to cats as I moved the disposable litter box off the floor at her feet into the back seat. I apologized for the lack of room for her legs due to the glove compartment being stuck open due to an I unidentified object stuck in the hinges. This was the least of my worries because it was the least of HER worries. I was unsure of the address as my iPhone location sensor was acting up, so we chatted as I drove in search of the address.

She had recently moved from Calgary, where she felt uncomfortable in such a large city, where people would or could walk around someone who had slipped and fallen and could not get up. THREE TIMES this past winter it happened to her and NO ONE offered a hand or any assistance to get up and literally walked over and around her. I asserted that Medicine Hat was not like that at all. It was a big city with a small town feel. She certainly agreed with that after my generosity and kindness in giving her a lift


After a little meandering, during a rain shower slash thunder storm under which she would have been completely soaked, she was even MORE thankful. We found the address she was looking for and dropped her off ... at the Medicine Hat Women’s Shelter Society Outreach Centre. (why on GGE is it the way out there?) Even though it was completely in the opposite direction I was travelling, it’s something I would do again, and again, to help another struggling soul. As Ellen always says “Be kind to one another”. Please. Always be kind. 💗

May 9/2018


No comments:

Post a Comment